Proxy server is a remote server on the Internet that connect your computer to the Internet and used to improve the performance of your connection by making use of cached information instead of requesting same website every time.
In order to use proxy server, you have to know its web address. In some cases, you may also need to know authentication information.
Following shows how to use proxy server via Ziepod:
- Open Preferences Dialog
- Select 'Connection' tab
- Check the checkbox 'Connect through proxy'
- Enter the address and--optionally--port number into the corresponding fields
- If you need to set authentication
- Check the checkbox 'Proxy server requires authentication'
- Enter username and password into the corresponding fields
- Click 'Apply' button to apply these changes