In order to create a new virtual channel, follow the given steps below:
STEP 1 (Open Wizard) :
- Inside the 'Subscriptions' tab, click the 'Add' button inside the toolbar
- Select Add Virtual Channel' menu option, which opens up a wizard dialog
Wizard dialog helps you create virtual in three simple steps.
STEP 2 (Name Virtual Channel) :
- Based on what type of posts you like to collect this virtual channel, enter appropriate name into the edit field
- Click 'Next' button
STEP 3 (Set Filters) :
- Click 'Create Filter' button to create a new filter for this virtual channel
- In popped-up dialog, set filter by entering those keywords you like catch with this virtual channel
- Click 'Save' button to add this filter into this new virtual channel
- If you like, you can create multiple filters
- Click 'Next' button to go to the next page in the wizard to set source channels
STEP 4 (Set Source Channels) :
- Based on your needs :
- If you like this new virtual channel to check posts from all subscribed channels and bulk channels, select 'Use defined filters on all subscribed channels and bulk channels' option
- If you like to apply those defined filters on specific channels, select 'Use defined filters on selected sources only' option and then select those sources from enabled folder hierarchy.
- Click 'Finish' button to create this new virtual channel; otherwise click 'Cancel' button to cancel all process.
When virtual channel is created, it starts to check all newly retrieved posts from that point on. Since matched posts are moved into the virtual channel, they cannot be accessed thru their originated channels.
If you don't want any post to be moved from its originated channel, you may consider creating word watchdogs instead of virtual channels.